Cookies are small pieces of information that are sent and stored on the hard disk of the user’s computer through their browser when they connect to a website. Cookies can be used to collect and store user data while the user is logged in to provide the requested services and are not usually retained (session cookies), or to retain user data for other types of future services and can be retained indefinitely (persistent cookies). Cookies can be first-party or third-party cookies.
There are different types of cookies:
- Technical cookies that facilitate user browsing and the use of the different options or services offered by the website, such as identifying the session, allowing access to certain areas, facilitating orders, purchases, filling in forms, registrations, security, enabling features (videos, social media, etc.).
- Personalisation cookies that allow users to access services according to their preferences (language, browser, settings, etc.).
- Analysis cookies that allow the anonymous analysis of web users’ behaviour and that measure user activity and create browsing profiles in order to improve the websites.
- Advertising cookies that allow advertising space to be managed on the website.
- Personalised advertising cookies that allow advertising spaces to be managed on the website based on the user’s browsing behaviour and habits, from which the user’s profile is obtained and allows the advertising shown on the user’s browser to be personalised.
However, please note that you can enable or disable these cookies by following the instructions of your Internet browser:
Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, you can consult your browser’s help or support pages:
Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com